Friday 30 December 2011

Why blog?!

I've enjoyed following friends blogs but always felt a bit mystified about why I would want to share my personal reflections and experiences to an unseen public, or have the time to do so. So, it was with a slightly weird, self-questioning and amused attitude that I felt compelled tonight to set up my own blog page. I get overwhelmed by twitter, though I have to admit that I have a love-hate relationship with Facebook which has worn down (but not entirely defeated) a lot of my privacy and exposure scruples. I don't really care whether anyone else reads what I write here, or not. It's just personal explorations with the potential for connection.

So, I'm entering this journey with no idea as to the destination or even what I really intend to get out of it along the way. I'm just going to see where it takes me and how much of a committment I actually come up with. A tarot card gave me the Chariot tonight (my favourite deck - Cosmic Tribe Tarot by Stevee Postman), which seemed to speak loads to me right now and was good and strengthening to hear. As for Hagthorn, it's a gorgeous old name for the hawthorn, healing herb for the heart. It reverberates with the age-old wisdom of the hag and the passionate fresh youthfulness of the Beltane mayflower. I find myself a somewhat damaged mid-life bloom somewhere between these two, so I will draw comfort from both energies, as I step into the space of the charioteer and charge ahead through the fears which seem to scatter the path in all directions.

No comments:

Post a Comment